Feb. 2 Investigation Results

Date:  Feb. 2, 2013

Location:  Turner Valley/Black Diamond area, Private Residence

Claims:  hearing voices, feeling cold breezes, etc. (for the full list, go here)


We arrived at the client’s home at approximately 5:40pm. There were children and adults talking, running, playing, laughing, yelling, and running various vehicles and machines – including a music system with the base turned up. There were also dogs, cats, and birds making noise in the area. We entered the home and were invited to the kitchen, where we conducted our interview in preparation for the investigation. Aside from us and the client, also present were the client’s mother – who attended at the client’s request – and the client’s roommate, who, we later learned, is the actual home-owner.

The client lives in a two-story, three-bedroom, open-concept home in a new subdivision. The front of the home faces north, but wrap-around windows in the living and dining areas bring in a great deal of light from the south and west, making the entire home feel even more spacious and bright, and allowing more noises to filter through. The bedrooms are upstairs in the loft area; two of them – one of which is the client’s – are north-facing. There are tenants with children living in the basement; we heard the television, and we heard the children laughing and talking. Along with a living and dining area, there is a front office, and a formal dining room, which seems to be currently serving as a temporary storage area.

The Interview

One of our first observations was that the client appeared to be very agitated. He spoke very rapidly, he had trouble maintaining eye contact, and we had to keep stopping him and asking him to just breathe. His mother explained that this was normal behavior for him; we were challenged to both calm him down, and help him remain calmer. As the interview progressed, we learned the reasons for this behavior. However, although they did have an impact on the investigation, we are not disclosing these reasons. We have a confidentiality and privacy policy in place that we strictly adhere to that is not negotiable.

Gathering Information

After concluding the interview, Robyn and the client went outside to have a smoke, and I began a walk-through of the interior of the home to gather emotional impressions of the areas we would be investigating. On the main floor, the formal dining room, as well as the open pantry room – located off the kitchen – felt heavy and oppressive; the loft upstairs, directly above the formal dining room, and which overlooks the living room, also felt quite heavy and oppressive. I did not want to be in that space. The client’s roommate silently followed me as I moved through each area of the home, including the bedrooms. The first bedroom I entered – which I later learned belonged to the client – made me feel like I was on some kind of out-of-control rollercoaster. I felt agitated; out of sorts; unable to think clearly. I felt like I was in an extremely high state of excitement, and I felt my mood begin to “collage” – happy, angry, sad, confused, etc. – at a pace too fast for me to cope with. I had a very difficult time regaining control of myself in that room. I received no impressions other than calm in the other two bedrooms.

The Investigation

We conducted a full EMF and temperature sweep of the main floor of the home. We did get a very high reading at the refrigerator in the kitchen; a second reading was taken, and levels were normal. We don’t know what could have caused that, but we think it was probably caused by the appliance kicking on. We moved upstairs to the client’s room, where, he told us, most of the activity tends to occur. While the client again related his experiences to us, we did an EMF sweep and took temperature readings. Aside from a few minor changes in temperature, no unusual changes were observed or recorded.

Personal Experiences

During the investigation, I suddenly felt like I needed to stand at the foot of the client’s bed. The client was in a half-sitting position on his bed, with his legs stretched out. I felt strong impressions of three female names, all three of which I voiced. The client connected with all three of them. I felt the first name very strongly, and voiced that. The client became emotional and tearful, and left the room for a moment. When he returned and sat down on his bed, I continued to share the impressions I was receiving. The client stated that he connected with everything I was expressing to him.

During this event, Robyn experienced a sudden, intense headache. Addressing the energy she felt was responsible for it, she demanded that it step back. Almost immediately, her headache disappeared, leaving behind a brief bout of dizziness, which rapidly dissipated. Robyn was not affected again.

While relaying to the client the information I was experiencing, the doorbell downstairs rang. Without any warning, the client told us we had to “wrap it up”.

He had company.


We do not normally conduct investigations under these conditions. There are too many environmental contaminants that automatically negate and void any potential evidence we may capture. Also, if we know a client is expecting company, we re-schedule the investigation for a later date. We were taken by surprise when the client told us to “wrap it up” because company had arrived. The client knew we were coming; he had confirmed with us twice before we actually arrived at the home. And while we were there, at no time did he indicate to us that he was expecting company. Had we known that, we would not have made the trip out of town in the first place.

When we conduct an investigation, we expect that the client has made arrangements in their own schedule to allow us to do our job. This is one of the reasons why we investigate late at night; it’s more likely that children will be sleeping, adults will either be out or asleep, and there will be minimal or no noise in the surrounding neighborhood. The quieter a location is, the better.

Our findings on this case are that there is no paranormal activity occurring. Most of what we did hear had to be thrown out because of noise contamination from outside, from the tenants living in the basement, and from other, various sources. There was nothing captured either on video or on audio to validate our personal experiences.

We have discussed our findings with the client, and provided him with our recommendations. We have also informed the client and the home-owner that if his experiences continue and he is unable to find a cause, we will come back. However, because of the circumstances under which we had to try and work, and the subsequent loss of what may have been genuine evidence due to noise contamination, we have also made it clear to both the client and the home-owner that we will only return if he, the client, is willing to accept the conditions under which we normally work when we are in a private residence or business. We will not investigate this location again unless those conditions are agreed to.

Having said that, we did manage to isolate two audio clips which we were unable to immediately explain. We are not presenting them as evidence, but we also cannot throw them out, as we don’t know for sure what they are or what made them. Therefore, we have placed them on Occam’s Page on our website. We invite anyone interested in hearing them to visit the website and leave a comment there about what you think it may be, or what may have caused it.

One thought on “Feb. 2 Investigation Results

What do you think?