Case #012 – Double Investigation

Date:  Mar. 27, 2015

Location:  Copperfield district, Calgary – 2 private residences

Claims:  Residence One: full-bodied apparitions, sounds of keys jingling, swaying bed, lights found on after being turned off, feeling watched/uneasy/unsafe, dog acting strangely, doors and cupboards opening on their own, hearing heavy footsteps upstairs when no one is upstairs, doors unlocking on their own, difficulty sleeping

Residence Two: difficulty sleeping, vibrating/shaking bed, smoke detector going off without cause, family picture being overturned, feeling watched/uneasy

Investigators:  Holly, Christine, Megan, Paul, Jill

Remote Reading by Michele

“Clock sound or heavy ticking.  Male energy who gets annoyed with present owners figures they are in his space.  Walking up stairs but not all the way up. Testing. Smells. Something around a car.  The color blue.  Older woman who sits and hums either needle-point or quilting. Rocking chair back and forth.  Being followed.”

Our clients offered to leave their residences for the duration of our investigation. After they left, teams were organized, and the investigations began. While the rest of the team waited outside, Holly and Christine, along with Scott, the cameraman, met with the clients of both residences.  The majority of the activity seems to be occurring in the first residence (hereafter known as “Residence One”).  Two different, full-bodied apparitions have been seen in the home. One is a figure of a man approximately 5 feet, 6 inches tall, with black hair and dark eyes, wearing a black coat and black top hat and carrying a large set of keys.  This apparition has been seen going up the stairs with loud, heavy footsteps, jingling the keys it’s carrying.  The second apparition has been seen at the patio door.  The apparition is described as male, dressed all in black and wearing some type of hood, and its appearance has caused spontaneous opening of at least one cupboard door, as well as the pantry door, which is right beside the patio door.

The Investigation

The investigation began with Paul and Megan in Residence Two, and Christine and Jill in Residence One.  Each team would investigate for a total of 20 minutes, and then switch out. Holly remained behind to take still photos of the surrounding area.

Residence One, Investigation One – Christine and Jill

Christine and Jill began their investigation on the top floor, in the master bedroom. Christine set up the video camera to face the top of the stairs, opposite the master bedroom. Jill brought out a K-II meter for the EVP session.  Fluctuations did occur on the K-II meter, however, because the camera was facing away from the master bedroom, the results could not be visually documented. While attempting to reset the camera to face the stairs, the camera began malfunctioning in a very strange way. Efforts were made to explain and correct the issue, but no resolution could be found. The camera was subsequently taken out of service for the remainder of the investigation.  However, unexplained, very loud bangs that could not be explained were picked up by the voice recorder on the main floor, as well as the camera’s audio while it was malfunctioning.

Residence Two, Investigation One – Megan and Paul

Paul and Megan began their investigation on the top floor, in the master bedroom, where the client claimed his bed shakes rather violently at random times.  Paul volunteered to remain in the room alone and conduct an EVP session. Megan went to the spare room, which is attached by a firewall to the master bedroom in Residence One, and conducted an EVP session. After several minutes with no apparent results, Megan and Paul ended the investigation of the upper floor and went downstairs to the garage.  No vocal or visual anomalies were captured.

In the garage, Megan experienced an unexplained coolness around her ankles, which appeared to be consistent with an earlier comment by the client that they felt as though someone was trying to grab at their ankles.  Megan decided to stop her voice recorder and go into the main part of the home to take some still photos, and Paul remained in the garage to conduct an EVP session.  Two times, when he asked for a tap or a knock, he received what appeared to be a direct response.  Only one of the taps was captured. It was captured by the voice recorder and the camera’s audio. When Megan returned to the garage, Paul said he was experiencing a sense of apprehension that was not present earlier. Megan was also feeling unusually uncomfortable. However, no vocal or visual anomalies were picked up to validate these sensations, so they are considered to be personal experiences only.

Residence One, Investigation Two – Holly, Megan, and Paul

Paul immediately went to the garage to conduct an EVP session. Holly and Megan began their investigation on the main floor of the home.  Megan heard a sound she described as someone sitting on something made of leather.  Holly did not hear this sound, and neither the voice recorder nor the camera audio picked it up.  Megan asked that the hanging light over the dining room table be moved as a sign that there was someone there, and both Holly and Megan saw the light move. However, the movement was so slight that the camera could not “see” it.  Then, Holly went to the counter and knocked out the “shave-and-a-haircut” theme, asking that it be finished.  To both Holly’s and Megan’s surprise, there were two response knocks that came from near the patio door.  These knocks were captured by both the voice recorders and the camera’s audio.  No further audio or visual anomalies were captured, despite efforts to encourage communication, so Megan and Holly went upstairs to the master bedroom to conduct an EVP session.

A few minutes into the EVP session, Paul emerged from the garage and called up to Holly and Megan.  It was time to switch out again.  Holly got one step on the stairs, and was suddenly overcome with inexplicable dizziness, pressure on her throat – as if someone was squeezing her windpipe – and feelings of anger.  Holly told Paul she wanted to yell at him, and Paul moved out of her way and told her not to yell at him.  Holly said she felt “pissed off” and Megan said that Holly’s eyes looked angry.  Holly sat at the top of the stairs for several minutes trying to get herself under control while communicating to Megan and Paul what she was experiencing.  When she felt able to, Holly made her way to the main floor and told Megan that she was feeling very agitated and she needed to get outside.  Megan agreed and she and Paul followed Holly outside.

Residence Two, Investigation Two – Jill and Holly

After Holly felt more like herself, she and Jill went into Residence Two.  They began their investigation on the top floor, in the spare room, and then, on the smoke detector, which the client said goes off at random times despite having new batteries in it.  The placement of the smoke detector in relation to the bathrooms is such that it should not be triggered by steam. However, the smoke detector’s tendency to go off at random is not being deemed as a paranormal event, as it could be a wiring issue causing it to go off.  In the master bedroom, it was noted that the bed was extremely heavy and it would require a tremendous amount of strength to move it.  During the initial interview, the client had stated that he had tried moving the bed to different spots on the room; based on the weight of it, the perspective was taken that the client would have had to dismantle it before moving it to a different spot in the room, or he would have had to have others helping him move it. It was just that heavy.  An EVP session was conducted, but after several minutes with no results, the investigation was moved downstairs, to the living room.

During the EVP session in the living room, Jill experienced a sudden vibration under her feet.  Holly did not experience this.  No explanation for the experience could be found, and there were no vocal or visual anomalies to validate it. The EVP session was suddenly cut short when both Jill and Holly heard a very loud yell.  It was discovered that the clients had returned and were having some fun outside.  The investigation was then wrapped up.


During the investigation in both residences, investigators heard unexplained, very loud knocks and bangs that could not be recreated or explained.  It was noted that some of the floorboards were very creaky, but at the times the odd sounds were heard, no one in either residence was moving around.  Also, although the audio equipment picked them up, not all of these sounds were heard by the investigators.  However, we do not believe they are paranormal. The human ear tends to tune out certain types of repetitious sounds, and it is our opinion that most of the sounds probably were the floorboards.  Conversely, the taps and knocks that occurred when they were requested are more difficult to explain.  It is too much of a coincidence that they occurred when they were requested.

While we cannot say that either of these locations are haunted, our experiences in both locations have definitely left us with more questions than answers.  We did not capture any vocal or visual evidence to validate the claims of the swaying and shaking beds, but we remain very curious about the claims, because we could not find any possible explanations for those occurrences.

At this time, we are deeming both of these locations as “inactive” (meaning: not haunted) and closing the files, but we have reassured our clients that if the activity increases or becomes more negative, we will return for a second investigation.

We extend our thanks and appreciation to our clients for their hospitality and for allowing us to conduct our investigation without them being present, and we hope that things settle down for them.

4 thoughts on “Case #012 – Double Investigation

  1. Hey sis… great talking to you today! I totally get everything your were saying… BIG HUGS… You rock! Looking forward to you and Glimmer’s visit… WOO-HOO!!!

What do you think?